One of the emblematic elements and that, like the Castle, are part of the history of the town from its origins is the Church of St. Kitts. In fact, there is mention of this parish church of Granada, located on the grounds next to the Castle, from before the 10th century. But, as happened with the Castle, the cordoban army destroyed the 1003. Two years later, the Bishop of Barcelona Aeci already alluded in his restoration.
Soon after, the first was built in the 12th century Romanesque church on the site where the current. Of this building, however, is not nothing, since the 16th century was replaced by the current. This was built by taking advantage of the ashlars of the Castle demolished and the facilities granted by Kings Philip IV and King Philip V of Spain. Many years later, during the Spanish Civil War, the Church of la Granada, like so many others, was burned and the images were lost and the high altar, which was a Baroque jewel dedicated to St. Kitts. Finally, on the occasion of the celebration of the Millennium, in 1991 he was again renewed.
This 16th-century building, which was already highly modified in the 18th century, it was done with a sober façade where you wanted to highlight the ornacina at the top of the front door with an image of Saint Christopher bearing the Christ Child on the shoulder, all crossing a river, as a symbol of the journey of life.
It also highlights the magnificent Baroque bell tower of octagonal plant, which was built in 1676 with overtures to the rooftops. In the original project that Bell should have been crowned with a balustrade, but was covered with tiles. In the modern era, in 1946 were made the works then added to it with a smaller, octagonal, and made with brick and Arab tiles. The fact of being located on a hill, to 260 on the sea level, and have a height of 32 metres make it the belfry with more good visibility of the Alt Penedès.
With regard to the interior of the building, the 17th-century plaster reliefs that decorate the ribbed vaults of the side chapels and the heart, as well as the keys to spin. It is also necessary to note in the reliefs painted with vegetable elements made with geometric shapes, including pomegranates at the ends, in clear reference to the name of the municipality.
This fruit is a constant in the decoration of the space and for example also surround the Saints own the chapels such as, for example, San Isidro. In this case also is surrounded by vineyards and vines, which in the 17th century were important elements of the economic activity of the municipality. Likewise, the Virgin Mary, under the heart, it appears surrounded by vegetable elements and angels, that support the text of the "Ave Maria" in Latin.